Saturday 14 September was busy... here's what went on -
- We welcomed new coach Lindsay Biondi to training. Lindsay joined Senior Coach Kaitlan Biondi to coach our U15s
- We welcomed Erin Walters-Williams of Advance Lacrosse back to Cobham for a dedicated goalie training session. Erin was assisted by Marina Charman, our own newly qualified coach and herself a keeper. We believe in coach education for our rookie coaches.
- We welcomed Zenith Lacrosse travelling shop to Cobham and browsing for new equipment commenced!
- We welcomed Phil Collier to lead our trial dedicated Firsts Training ( 330-5pm, after the junior session) - hard work, but our Firsts loved it.
- We ran an inhouse Coaches workshop, led by Phil Collier. We believe that coach education is the key to player development. Our workshop overran and so we are very sure our coaches learned a lot from this particular workshop!
AND.... thanks to SE Women's lacrosse and Caterham, Sunday 15th was busy too. Our U12s and U15s travelled to Caterham for the SE invitational Junior Rally. Here are the results -
- The U12s didn't win their section, but we are very proud to announce that they worked extremely hard and learned a lot of new skills and tactics. Head Coach Nicky Williams says the tournament has allowed her to develop coaching plans for the autumn, and she loved working with our youngsters!
- The U15s were semi-finalists, and we are so proud of them. We didn't have an U15 goalie available to play at the Tournament, so we had volunteer goalies who played AMAZINGLY well. That is the spirit of lacrosse, girls - excellent work. And excellently well done to the whole Team too.
What a wonderful weekend!